Foundations for The Future (Post 16)
Please note this pathway is not available for the 2023/24 academic year.
The college is currently exploring the possibility of providing this study programme in West Northamptonshire for 2024/25
To meet my realistic, aspirational outcomes for adulthood.
Foundations for the Future is a curriculum and delivery approach that has been developed over several years by experienced SEND professionals and has proven to provide outstanding outcomes that support next steps for students.
- To build, embed, and expand skills and opportunities to stretch, and broaden attainment for readiness of life beyond school.
- To identify aspirational outcomes for next steps of education, employment, training, and adult life, and ensure that they are ready for these when they leave.
- To establish a meaningful and relevant understanding of the world of work and wider community.
- To provide a personalised education based around the four key strands of Preparing for Adulthood.
From this information a personalised learning journey is designed to ensure that the curriculum provided meets the student's individual needs and prepares them for the next steps of education, employment, or training.
Students are assigned to pathways based on identified outcomes and therefore access a meaningful education with peers on a similar journey.
Functional Maths, English, and ICT are embedded throughout the entire curriculum offer and students have the opportunity to collect additional awards that have been identified as having employer currency.
Awards and Accreditation are offered to meet the identified outcomes for adulthood; therefore, our curriculum is not accreditation driven.
- All students are better prepared to access next steps into education, employment, training and adult life.
- Students are confident individuals and understand how to manage their future wellbeing.
In addition, we intend that students will have the knowledge and skills to begin their journey of living independently, or semi independently, being part of and contributing to society, and going out and socialising with confidence.